Müesser Yeniay thoughts on turkish female poetry and women sensitivity.
Turkish Female Poetry
In Turkey, Female Poetry always gave priority to women sensitivity. In Ottoman times, the poetesses were of rich and educated families. They also not directly but less than direct reflected their femininity to their art works. As known, the tales and lullabies are the arts created by women. After founding Republic of Turkey, the poetesses included in their art the problem of being a woman and creating a new language by women. Gülten Akın, Melisa Gürpınar, Sennur Sezer, Gülseli are the leading figures of this time. Today this sensitivity of language is still on and improving. Müesser Yeniay is one of the successful and prominent young poets of this new modern generation.
Photo: Metin Cengiz
Some Thoughts on Women Sensitivity
As I was reading a magazine, a poet was talking about “women sensitivity” Together with the dissatisfaction of her answer, I began analyzing this issue intellectually by myself. The things that takes her to this state.. So what are they?
• To breastfeed, to care for children. To be sensitive about somebody else’s existence. Natural awareness of other people in the world.
• To share her body, to use it for the goodness of others, to produce milk for others.
• Love and surrender. The wish to include somebody else in her body. The state of having an open space for existence of others and its awareness. To include and circle another vitally. To be a place for her/him by her body.
• Wish to feed and cook. To improve vital spaces.
• Relation between child and father, family and society. Compulsory peace policy.
• She is an owner of a body which is also mystery house. She gives birth to the biggest mystery “human-being”. She is awared of being a human-being and she has to calculate it mostly.
• She is proud of her physical weakness. Her body is an invitation.
• That she is a mother, it creates reasons to stay in the world. The world is started to being loved. Reality begins to be beautiful.
• She never resorts to violence. She is friends with other relatives in this world (flowers, animals). She softens the world and calms it spatially.
• Her sensitivity is equally distributed. Except one place pleasure, her existence surrounds all her body. She is like a fish swimming inside a sea. Therefore, she is in pursuit of deep feelings and wide means.
• To think about others to plan about their lives made her a dreamer.
• She experiences the most traumatic state of desiring others because of “lacking”.
• As she gives birth, she reaches another person by her body. And then she has to reach her/him by her language. She has to improve her verbal sensitiviy.
• She realizes her settlement with her existence by giving birth. By doing so, she advocates to all humanity and menaces death. She could accept this world as her place.